Thursday, August 20, 2009

Exciting day for Mommy and Alex



Alex and I made a HUGE milestone today! This is so exciting! When he woke up in the morning, I went in and opened his crib and started playing with him and reading books, like I always do. Today, after we had played for a bit, he started crawling toward me and so I leaned back and he crawled on to my lap! He positioned himself so he was kneeling on my legs and sitting upright and held on to my shoulder. I cheered and he grinned and we went for a walk around the house. It was as if he understood that I could not hold him tight and it was his job to hold on. I see him being held by other people, and he just wants to stand and jump and twist and play and get down. But he just sat there holding on to my shirt on my shoulder, leaning in to me, and would tighten his grip if I started moving again upon stopping. He just grinned and grinned. I feel like we are entering a new phase now – a phase where he can be taught to do more to allow more interaction and closeness. I love being a mommy.

No comments: